Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

MyFedLoan has made a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page to answer some of the most common questions that clients have. You only need to look at it once to understand it. MyFedLoan’s commitment to offering excellent service is a way of giving its valuable customers a priceless gift.


Frequently Asked Questions

What is MyFedLoan?

The Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) runs and takes care of MyFedLoan as a non-profit company.

Is MyFedLoan legitimate?

Yes, MyFedLoan is entirely legitimate. The Federal Department of State Education has partnered with MyFedLoan to help students receive education loans.

What Is FedLoan Servicing?

FedLoan Servicing is one of nine U.S. Department of Education loan servicers. Student loan servicers handle billing, payments, and customer service.

FedLoan is the only federal loan servicer that processes Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) applications and employment certification paperwork for student loan forgiveness. PSLF loans are automatically transferred to FedLoan after processing.

Is FedLoan Servicing Legal?

Yes, it is a legal company. There is no need to worry about this fact.

How can I use MyFedLoan?

Some of the features that FedLoan offers are very helpful.

  • Repayment of your student loan is possible.
  • Determine which payment plan is most convenient for you.
  • Monitoring your loan payments allows you to appreciate the progressive reduction of the outstanding balance as time passes.

Is there any way to change the loan due date?

It is possible to change the due date of your loan.

You need to do the things listed below:

  • Make sure you are paying back the loan.
  • Please make on time your first loan payment.
  • Make sure your request to change the date is made between the 1st and 28th of a given month.

How to Make FedLoan Servicing Payments?

Direct debit is FedLoan’s easiest payment method. Sign up for Direct Debit to lower your interest rate by 0.25%. You can also pay via FedLoan’s mobile app, phone, mail, third-party bill-pay service provider, or online. To make a one-time payment by mail, send your check or money order made out to FedLoan Servicing to

Department of Education
FedLoan Servicing
P.O. Box 790234
St. Louis, MO 63179-0234

How do I connect with MyFedLoan’s support team?

Dial 800-699-2908. Please remember that this number is only reached during business hours (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST).

I continue to receive invoices even though I am a student. Just why?

A recent transfer of funds to a new institution may not have been reflected in the MyFedLoan system.

Please submit a request for a General Forbearance if you are unable to provide the payment in full. Use the “Trouble Paying” tab to submit your request. You will not be charged again once the status has been updated in the system.

Leave a Comment